The Information and Support branch provides community education sessions in regional and metropolitan areas within NSW. The sessions are presented by staff experienced in guardianship and disability and are usually provided for free. Our sessions can include all or some of the following topics:
- Capacity and decision-making
- Planning ahead: Enduring guardianship, Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Person responsible and medical and dental consent
- The role of the Public Guardian
- The roles of the Guardianship Tribunal, the Public Guardian and the NSW Trustee and Guardian.
In March 2020, the Public Guardian collaborated with the Agency for Clinical Innovation to discuss consent, capacity and the COVID context. To view powerpoint of the presentation, please click on the link: