Department of Justice is now the Department of Communities and Justice.  Find out more >

Disagree with a decision made?


If you disagree with a decision made by the Public Guardian, you can ask for a review of decision.

You can begin by asking the guardian for the reasons for decision in writing. This report will provide details of how the Public Guardian made the decision, what information was used and who was involved in the decision making process. You should request a "Reasons for decision" report within 28 days of being notified of the Public Guardian's decision. The report will then be sent to you within 28 days of your request.

After receiving the reasons for decision, you can request a review of decision (this is also called an internal review). Your request should be made within 28 days of receiving the reasons for decision report. This request must be made in writing and sent by mail or email to the Complaints Support Officer.

What happens when I request a review of a decision?

What if I disagree with the outcome of the review of a decision?


Contact us

For more information on asking for a review you can contact the Complaints Support Officer in the Information and Support branch.

Phone 02 8688 6070
NSW country callers 1800 451 510
Fax 02 8688 9797
Public Guardian
Locked Bag 5116
Parramatta NSW 2124