Department of Justice is now the Department of Communities and Justice.  Find out more >



If you are unhappy with your contact with the Public Guardian you can discuss your concerns with the guardian, or the Regional Manager. Talking about your problem, getting more information or clearing up any misunderstandings can help sort things out quickly. If you do not want to speak to the guardian you can speak to the guardian's Regional Manager or to the Complaint Support Officer.

We encourage you to submit your complaint in writing and send it via email, fax or post. Refer to contact details on right.

What happens when I make a complaint?

Once you submit your complaint, the Assistant Director Operations will respond to you in writing within 15 working days. The Public Guardian cannot respond to matters that are more than six months old, or which have already been dealt with.

What if I am still dissatisfied?

If you are dissatisfied with this response you can contact the Ombudsman NSW on (02) 9286 1000 or for country callers 1800 451 524.

I disagree with a decision made by the Public Guardian.

If you disagree with a decision made by the Public Guardian you can request a review of the decision. This is a different process to the complaints process.



Contact us

Phone 02 8688 6070
NSW STD callers 1800 451 510
Fax 02 8688 9797
Postal address
Public Guardian
Locked Bag 5116, Parramatta NSW 2124

Is English your second language?

You can contact the Public Guardian through the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450.
TIS will organise for an interpreter in your language to be on the telephone when you contact us. It is a free and confidential service.